Vitamins, Antioxidants, Anti-Inflammatories, Minerals.... What do you do?

 There are so many things on the market and so many ads, commercials, social media videos, before and afters, etc.. I could keep going. What do you do and why? 

For me it is very simple. 

No Thyroid means I am on medication for the rest of my life. And that hormone fluctuates so much so that means my weight also does the same. (Eye Roll) I also take other supplements. 

Magnesium - This helps me with my gut health, also helps with blood sugar levels, depression, and heart health. Since I am insulin resistant, this is very important. 

Because I have Crohn's disease, my gut health is not the best and it leads to so many other vitamin deficiencies. I am anemic, so I have Iron infusions, and I am low on vitamin D so I take 50,000 IU a week. I also take a women's multivitamin with extra calcium. 

I have also added a couple of other things to my diet. I use Orgain Organic Protein powder. It is amazing, 21 grams or protein, 5 grams of prebiotics and fiber, and only 1 gram of sugar! And it tastes GREAT! 

I also use Vital Proteins Collagen which is also amazing! I switch them and only take each 1-2 times a week. Since I just started my exercise routine again, I try not to take too much. 

My exercise routine is simple

15 minute yoga 2 times a week and high aerobic zumba in the pool 3 times a week. Swimming is my perfect exercise. I live in Texas so it HOT in the summer and swimming is a complete full body workout with resistance. I LOVE IT! That is how I was able to lose over 60 pounds before. 

I have also worked on making sure I get a full 10k steps a day. It is important to move around so that is what I am working on doing. 

Be careful what you read when it comes to weight loss. There isn't a miracle drug or supplement. It takes work and knowing what your body needs. Always consult with your physician before taking anything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT!

Monday Monday

My Weight Loss Journey, Again & Again....